Sunday, June 6, 2010

"My Orange Duffel Bag"

Read the first half of the book the first time I opened it. The story is fascinating, and the presentational style is equally compelling. Hard to describe, but falls somewhere between scrapbook and collage. Reminds me of the Griffin and Sabine series a bit -- although the style they use is as suited to they story they convey as Bantock's is to a correspondence. My friend Echo Garrett helped Sam Bracken create it -- it is his memoir.

It is not available through amazon.com. Apparently there are lots of issues (of which I was unaware until Echo explained it to me) and they chose to publish through the website for the book instead. Don't have the URL handy but you can google the book title -- or it has a fan page on FB.

I would love to hear from you what you think of it -- and pass the feedback along to Echo. I am trying to get her involved with Fall for the Book -- and she and Sam are already doing a lot of touring and other promotional work. The book was only recently released.

2 comments:

  1. I have a disclaimer,too -- I am very sleep-deprived and over-stimulated, and unless it's my dissertation it is probably not going to be proofed very closely -- so apologies in advance. I also alternate between fragments and complete sentences, and love you though I do, I don't feel as though I have to impress you -- so I am not going to try to sound smart here. I just plan to tell it like it is:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website for the book is www.MyOrangeDuffelBag.com

    (Really tough one to remember. You can see why I had difficulty with that one!)

    If you haven't bought a copy by Christmas, that's what you're getting:)

    ReplyDelete