Thursday, April 22, 2010

Await Your Reply

I just finished reading Await Your Reply, by Dan Chaon.  I'm not sure exactly how to describe this book - and still not sure how I feel about it.  It's kind of a mystery (which is not my usual preferred genre) without a body.  Miles Chesire has spent most of his adult life trying to track down his wayward, possibly schizophrenic con artist brother Hayden, and the story is the result of the intersections of Miles' life with Hayden's various aliases and the people whose lives he's touched or destroyed along the way.  I had thought I had figure out the "trick" of the book, and was eagerly awaiting the vindication I thought I'd get at the end of the book when it was revealed that I had been right....but either I missed it or it didn't happen.  I'd love for one of you to read it and let me know what you think - which is why I'm being cryptic and vague is this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment